WILD BOHEMIA

WILD BOHEMIA

17.7.17

S A L T



You were the most beautiful thing I'd ever felt till now. And I was convinced you'd remain the most beautiful thing I'd ever feel. Do you know how limiting that is? To think I'd tasted the rawest form of honey and everything else would be refined and synthetic. That nothing beyond this point would add up. That all the years beyond me could not combine themselves to be sweeter than you.
There has been evenings, sunsets, sunrises, days, weeks, months, birthdays, years even, in everything you have said. Before and now. I had walked you off, I had walked off an old me. You are the risk I've always been willing to take. But eventually I lost my mind, waiting for you to make up yours.
Did you think I was a city, big enough for a weekend getaway?
I am the town surrounding it. The one you've heard stories about.
There are no neon lights here, no skyscrapers, no statues.
But there is thunder. For I can make bridges tremble.
I am not street meat, I am homemade chili jam.
Spicy enough to cut the sweetest thing your lips will ever touch.
I am not police sirens. I am the fireflies spitting from your fireplace.
I'd burn you but still, you couldn't take your eyes off me.
I am all four seasons in one day. 
I am not a hotel room, I am home.
I am not the water you want, I am the whiskey you need.
Don't come here with expectations and try to make a vacation out of me.

I would have held together your universe with enough force to carry you through your tormented moments but with enough love to crumble down to allow you to shine and I would have fought for you until every bone in my body was broken. Know that.
If you needed honey, mine would have flowed from my arms to yours, no effort and no asking. If you needed sugar, I would have been your lifetime supply.
Don't mistake salt for sugar.
This is all salt.
Salt is raging against your skin and leaving you dry.

Beautiful, crushingly so. At one point, you looked like the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment