WILD BOHEMIA

WILD BOHEMIA

10.7.11

The time is now

Have you ever thought about what makes you who you are? Not the people you meet, your upbringing, the society you live in, where you travel to or where you don't but your mind? One of the most beautiful things in life is the fact that we are all individual; Our right to choose to be who we are, who we want to be. The foundation of who we are, the substance of our souls.

Some people get bullied for being different, for liking the 'wrong' things, and some become popular for liking the 'right' things. But what always gets me is, we don't actually have the choice. We don't choose what we like and what we don't like. We have the choice to act upon those interests but realistically we are made up of decisions already made for us.. right?

I don't choose to enjoy the things I enjoy, I simply choose to embrace them. I can't help falling in love with someone, but I can choose to act upon it. So really... in life, is it ever really you who chooses what you want? who you want to be with? what music you like, the food you like or your interests?
Then you start to wonder... Is everything pre determined? Is life's story already written and we are just going over the led penciled story with a black felt tip pen? Following the paths already set oblivious to the fact that we are doing everything according to pre arranged decisions.

Do you ever think about how different life would be if you ever made a different choice, if you took that job? If you never moved to that place or said no instead of yes? Or were you meant to make that decision the whole time?

The one thing I can agree on and believe is that I may not be able to choose the music I like or the food that tastes good. But I can choose the way I live my life and thats much more important than tunes and taste buds.









No comments:

Post a Comment